Interior Designer - Epsom
Interior Designer - Epsom
Atkins are looking to recruit innovative Interior Designers to be part of our Epsom Architectural Teams. We have positions ranging from Interior Design Assistants, Project Designers to Senior Designers and invite applications from creative, talented, and energetic candidates.
Who we are?
Atkins are a leading UK based Global Design Practice whose reputation is built on a culture of open collaboration, creating, and delivering excellence in all we do. Our diverse, highly skilled, passionate designers are unified with the belief that good design can positively enhance and transform people’s lives. Our expertise ranges across all key sectors of the built environment: Education, Master planning, Urban Regeneration, Commercial and Residential. Atkins are recognised leaders in the creation and delivery of environments, buildings, places that are good for people and improve our environment.
Located in Epsom Surrey with just a 10-minute walk from Epsom Station, our brand new ‘state of the art’ offices encourage innovation and collaboration, where you can build a fantastic career working across multiple sectors, on local, national and international projects.
This role would suit an enthusiastic Interior Designer who is interested in workplace design and space planning but above all has a passion for being part of a team that is focused on understanding building occupiers and their occupancy requirements. You will report to the Head of Interior Design and be asked to handle a multitude of design tasks – including space planning, technical drawings, furniture / material selection and producing bid design documentation.
This team uses Revit and although we do not expect you to be an expert user of the software, we do need you to be familiar and confident using it to deliver workplace projects.
The role offers the opportunity for Interior Designers to harness creativity, get in an exciting sector and grow within Atkins.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Working in the architectural studio on projects across multiple sectors – including commercial workplace design.
- Contribute to projects that are innovative and creative in their response to the client brief.
- Working as part of a team to produce detailed 2D and 3D design drawings and concept sketches, using software and hand drawing skills.
- Project co-ordination and ability to assist with managing resource and people effectively.
- Excellent presentational and communicational skills both verbally and visually.
- Produce client presentations and attend client meetings as required.
- An understanding of UK Building Regulations is also required.
- Plan space in an efficient and disciplined manner taking into consideration statutory requirements and recognised industry planning standards.
- To work alongside clients to gather brief collection. This gathered information will need to be organised and inserted into reports, presentations, and other communications in a coherent and articulate manner.
- Carry out data analysis tasks to understand future workplace requirements for a client.
- Keep up to date with emerging workplace trends.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree level qualification in Architecture, Interior Design, or related discipline.
- Computer literate, proven experience in Revit or similar software.
- Fluency in Adobe Suite applications such as Photoshop and InDesign and Microsoft Office.
- Technical knowledge in AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Ability to work well within a team, efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines and able to cope with change e.g. to brief, programme or role.
- An understanding of UK Building Regulations.
- Good understanding of BCO workplace guidelines.
- Excellent understanding of common workspace types.
- Be able to create space budgets – the building of numerical explanations of the amount of space that an organisation will need to meet their future requirements.
To Apply: Please upload CV and provide a digital design portfolio.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To support and safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing we provide an employee assistance programme offering advice and support in times of need. Our offices run their own sports and social clubs providing a wide range of activities. You will also have access to our Flexible Benefits, where you can opt in to a wide range of benefits to complement your work/life balance: such as medical insurance, gym membership, the cycle-to-work scheme, child care vouchers, charitable giving, additional pension contributions etc.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Cities & development
Atkins Architecture & Master planning Practice are looking to recruit an innovative Senior Architect to be part of our Epsom Architectural Team. Located in Epsom Surrey with just a 10-minute walk from
Cities & development
Atkins Architecture & Master planning Practice are looking to recruit an innovative Architect to be part of our Epsom Architectural Team. Located in Epsom Surrey with just a 10-minute walk from Epsom
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs