Intermediate Design Engineer
SNC Lavalin’s Roads & Bridges team provides multidisciplinary design, construction and project management services to a diverse portfolio of private and public sector clients in Saskatchewan and across Canada.
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Regina, SK and reports to the Design Lead, Roads & Bridges.
In this position you will work as a key team member of the Roads & Bridges team on a variety of civil infrastructure projects in the Province of Saskatchewan. The successful candidate(s) will join a variety of civil professionals (Engineers and Technologists) in Regina and Saskatoon. The ideal candidate is an industry professional that will have a broad base of civil engineering design and leadership experience and will be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, primarily in Saskatchewan and across Canada and has the long-term drive, ambition and potential to develop and progress within our organization.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Review and analysis of project requirements and other design data and preparation of design criteria documents
- Road geometric design, including design of alignments, profiles, super elevation, x-sections, corridor models, DTMs, template cross-sections; quantities take-offs and computations as required to produce bill of quantities
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed design drawings including plans, profiles, typical cross sections, geometrics and laning, drainage and utilities, signing and pavement markings, detours and construction staging, specifications and special provisions
- Functional and detailed design reports
- Input to business development and technical proposals
- Stakeholder communication and utility coordination
- Tender package and contract preparation
- Managing the documentation requires for SMHI design and construction projects
- Managing engineering and construction budgets for projects
- Assisting in the geometric design of various roadways and interchanges
- Engineering support during construction, including site visits, review of field inspection reports and responses to site queries, change management
- The role may also require some field work throughout the year including tasks such as Topographic or construction surveying with GPS survey equipment, Road construction activities which may include slope staking, checking, surveying, density measurements, asphalt and granular aggregate testing, Participation in health and safety programs
What will you contribute?
- An undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering, with emphasis in transportation engineering
- Eligibility for registration as an E.I.T. or P.Eng. with APEGS
- Experience in computerized design and drafting of highways, interchanges and municipal infrastructure
- Familiarity / expertise with CAD and Civil 3D software and standards; other design software experience is an asset
- Experience with Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure design manuals, construction manuals and specifications
- Working knowledge of application of TAC and AASHTO design standards
- Valid Saskatchewan class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver abstract
- A good understanding of MS Office
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to culture of workplace safety
- Ability to work and travel throughout the Province of Saskatchewan
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self motivated and high level or energy
- Experience with Mechanistic-Empirical Pavement Design Guide (MEPDG) would be a strong asset
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Local Candidates will be preferred and no relocation package will be offered.
While SNC-Lavalin would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com