Intermediate Electrical Engineer
Why join us?
The successful candidate will report to the Electrical Manager and will be assigned to various projects associated with Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals industry as directed by the Project Management group.
The candidate will possess a solid understanding of electrical design principles complemented by practical working experience with industrial power distribution systems within Oil and Gas processing facilities. The candidate is required to be a well organized, team player and an effective communicator. The candidate will be able to work independently (with minimal supervision) and be equally effective when working in a team environment.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Experience in the design of electrical distribution systems in a project team environment with focus on integrated, detailed design for new plants or modifications or replacements existing equipment in process plants
- Proficient in engineering theories and principles
- Preparing electrical equipment specifications, data sheets and purchasing requisitions
- Area classification drawings and studies
- Knowledge of battery/UPS systems and sizing
- Preparing outdoor/indoor substation equipment and grounding layout
- Knowledge of applying engineering application software like ETAP or SKM to study load flow, short circuit, motor starting, harmonic and arc flash analysis
- Load list and electrical equipment sizing
- Familiar with heat tracing design
- Protection & relay coordination studies
- Knowledge of interfacing with DCS, SCADA, PLC etc.
- Preparing LV & MV single line diagrams with strong knowledge of relay & metering systems
- Developing motor protection and control schematics/wiring diagrams
- Reviewing vendor designs for compliance with technical specifications
- Preparing Material Requisition (MR) for electrical equipment
- Attending project team meetings, client meetings & vendor review meetings
- Reviewing designs for constructability and accordance with project requirements
What will you contribute?
- A degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) in the Province of Alberta.
- A minimum of 6-8 years experience in design of electrical distribution systems in oil, gas and petrochemical industry. Experience in oil sands related projects is an asset
- Strong client focus, able to represent the company in a professional manner when communicating with clients and visiting client sites
- Ability to co-ordinate and work in a multi-discipline team environment
- Works with minimal supervision, manages own time effectively
- Knowledge of domestic and international codes (CEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, API, NEMA, etc.)
- Very good English communication and report writing skills
- Demonstrate a high regard for safety policies and procedures
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com