Intermediate Electrical Engineer
Intermediate Electrical Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
Designing for the future is about more than predicting what it looks like. It’s about having the know-how and the expertise to turn predictions into projects that deliver results and meet ever-changing needs. That’s what we do every day: for our clients, for their customers and for the sustainable future of our business and the world we operate in.
Here at SNC-Lavalin’s Ottawa office, we believe in developing our employees to their utmost potential. We promote teamwork and collaboration, which is why our culture speaks for itself; our people are motivated to give their best and have a sense of personal fulfillment. Each member of our team is integral in ensuring a positive workplace backed by a company committed to the safety of its employees.
Our once small office has seen continuous growth since its opening in 2016, going from 3 to over 100 employees! To keep the positive trend going, we are seeking to add another superstar to our team…
The Engineering, Design and Project Management division is currently looking for a Intermediate Electrical Engineer for its National Capital Region office. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Developing preliminary design and engineering specifications such as lighting, fire alarms and other related systems;
- Preparing detailed design calculations and layouts;
- Coordinate with other disciplines in planning and executing project tasks;
- Guiding and directing junior engineers and designers;
- Developing and updating project specifications;
- Developing material takeoffs and cost estimates;
- Ensuring all completed work conforms to contract requirements;
- Conducting site visits and inspections;
- Develop feasibility studies.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Professional Engineers in Ontario/Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Electricity.
- Must have a solid understanding of engineering of building systems preferably for academic and research institutions, health care, offices, municipal infrastructure and industrial facilities;
- Project experience in the municipal and government sector (provincial and federal);
- Market knowledge of the National Capital region and local industry;
- Proficiency in design of overhead and underground power distribution systems (including MV) would be an asset;
- Proficiency in Power System Analysis (short circuit, protection coordination and arc-flash hazard analysis) would be an asset;
- Considerable knowledge of Consulting Engineering established guidelines, procedures and practices;
- Proficiency in planning and control methods;
- Bilingualism French and English (written and spoken) an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs