Intermediate Electrical Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Intermediate Electrical Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world’s largest engineering and construction companies. Our Engineering Design Project Management Division is responsible for the development and execution of numerous projects including healthcare, light industrial, recreational, commercial and large transportation projects. Our Buildings and Facilities Group in Vancouver is looking for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our growing team.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Develop and manage electrical engineering design deliverables for assigned projects.
- Support business development activities for the electrical engineering group in Vancouver.
- Provide technical oversight and management for electrical design deliverables.
- Develop, monitor and maintain a project schedule and budget for electrical engineering design deliverables.
- Ensure the quality, consistency, accuracy and neatness of electrical engineering and deliverables as part of corporate Quality Assurance and Quality Control program.
- Assist in the development of electrical design engineering pursuit and execution budgets.
- Assist in drafting in AutoCAD on an as needed basis as well as Revit modelling.
- Provide technical guidance and engineering support for construction activities.
What will you contribute?
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Five years of experience in electrical and communications engineering with experience in the consulting sector.
- Registration or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with EGBC.
- Ability to practice as an engineer in British Columbia and certify drawings and other design documents.
- Demonstrated experience as an electrical engineer on health care, commercial, light industrial or transportation projects.
- Demonstrated and recognized technical proficiency in electrical engineering, with a specific emphasis on power distribution, lighting, life safety systems and security system design and a working level knowledge of other engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of codes, standards, construction means and methods related to electrical engineering to ensure designs are optimized for construction practices.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team of electrical engineering designers and drafters.
- Strong client focus and a desire to achieve results including the ability to manage priorities and time lines.
- Ability to work with integrated teams of consultants and contractors.
- MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, experience in Revit an asset.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Commitment to working in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles