Intermediate Electrical Engineering Specialist
Intermediate Electrical Engineering Specialist
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
As part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, Power Solutions group of Power, Grid and Industrial Solutions (PGIS) division designs, develops, and delivers engineering, including system planning and studies, procurement, and construction solutions for transmission & distribution lines and substations for Power utilities and Industrial clients in North America and abroad.
SNC-Lavalin PGIS division has an exciting full-time career opportunity for experienced Electrical Engineers in the field of Transmission and Distribution.
The Substation Electrical Engineer is required to work within a multi-discipline team to design efficient and reliable electrical substations and distribution network. The Station Electrical Engineer will coordinate all design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion. The Electrical Engineer will also assist the estimating team in preparation of estimates and project proposals.
This position is accountable to provide all design activities in accordance with applicable Codes and Standards, including all of SNC-Lavalin’s policies and procedures, such as Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Prepare conceptual and detail engineering for assigned Transmission and Distribution projects.
- Develop electrical substation facilities including site and bus work layouts and ground grid drawings.
- Develop plot plans and elevation drawings for outdoor substation equipment.
- Develop Switchgear room and Control room layout drawings for substation projects.
- Develop plan and profile drawings of Overhead lines for distribution network.
- Develop underground cable routing conduit and trench plan layout and sections for distribution network.
- Perform project estimates using data from the utility material database when required.
- Prepare electrical material detailed performance specifications.
- Prepare Power Single Line Diagram, Relay and Metering One-line diagram and Communication architectural block diagram.
- Prepare of AC three-line diagram, Elementary Schematics and Wiring diagrams.
- Prepare Bills of Materials and Cable Schedules.
- Work closely with peers and other discipline engineers to ensure accurate delivery that will meet utility Standards, industry standards and meet good engineering practices, policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete project documentation with respect to all design packages in coordination with document control specialist.
- Maintain good working relationship with internal groups that support the project.
- Reports to the Electrical team lead.
What will you contribute?
- A degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience after graduation as Substation Electrical engineer in the field of Transmission and Distribution is considered to have gained the required experience for the position.
- P.Eng registration with PEO.
- Excellent knowledge of North American codes and standards such as CSA, NEC, IEEE, Reg 22/04.
- Experience in AutoCAD and Bentley MicroStation is an asset.
- Working knowledge of ProjectWise and Electronic Document Management Systems is a must.
- Experience in Hydro One and Toronto Hydro Standards is a must.
- Experience in working with client engineers in client offices is an asset.
- Experience on MathCAD, ASPEN or ETAP software is an asset.
- Knowledge of modern power systems, power system protection and relay technologies.
- Experience with distribution utilities is an asset.
- Experience with SEL or GE relays is an asset.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs