Intermediate Environmental Engineer
Intermediate Environmental Engineer
Why join us?
Here at SNC-Lavalin’s Ottawa office, we believe in developing our employees to their utmost potential. We promote teamwork and collaboration, which is why our culture speaks for itself; our people are motivated to give their best and have a sense of personal fulfillment. Each member of our team is integral in ensuring a positive workplace backed by a company committed to the safety of its employees.
Our once small office has seen continuous growth since its opening in 2016, going from 3 to over 100 employees! To keep the positive trend going, we are seeking to add another superstar to our team…
The Environmental division is currently looking for an Intermediate level Environmental Scientist/Engineer and Project Manager to join our team serving our private industry and government clients throughout Ontario. The successful candidate will be part of a team of environmental engineers/geoscientists and will lead and provide support on projects related to environmental investigation and remediation, hydrogeological investigations and construction monitoring in the industrial, oil and gas and government sectors. The successful candidate will bring demonstrated leadership skills and will be able to provide effective communication and direction when dealing with project team members, subcontractors/suppliers and clients. Liaising with regulatory agencies, networking with professionals and developing new business would be secondary duties in this role. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in field execution and management of Phase I/II/III environmental site assessments and remediation projects. Experience in the execution or management of sediment assessments, risk assessment, designation substance surveys and/or air surveys would be considered an asset.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Management of projects of varying complexity involving soil and groundwater characterization, environmental compliance, environmental management, health and safety management, designated substances and hazardous materials, and remedial system design and implementation
- Management of personnel and resources
- Tracking costs and managing budgets
- Satisfying client objectives
- Evaluating and analyzing data using a variety of standardized and more complex methods
- Executing technical tasks requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness and adherence to prescribed data testing methods
- Preparing reports, proposals and other project documents of varying complexity
- Liaising with clients and contacts to secure additional business
- Hiring and directing contractors
- Supervising less experienced staff on a project basis and in some cases, providing technical direction and mentoring
- Promoting team effort and collaboration
What will you contribute?
- 4-7 years of practical environmental consulting experience and contaminated site assessment
- Must be licensed as a certified professional by one of: Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) with P.Eng.; Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario (APGO) with P.Geo;
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Hydrogeology/Earth Science, Environmental Science or relate discipline
- Through education or experience have demonstrable knowledge and skills in relevant disciplines including engineering design/construction management, geology/hydrogeology, environmental compliance, health and safety systems, waste management and occupational hygiene
- Solid knowledge of environmental laws, regulations and guidelines as they apply to environmental and construction projects in Ontario (and other parts of Canada as applicable on a project basis)
- Demonstrated expertise in contractor supervision, project management and contract administration
- Strong technical understanding of environmental field methods
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and manage cost-effective, practical solutions to client problems and/or potential non-compliance situations
- A strong commitment to teamwork; excellent verbal and interpersonal skills are required with preference given to demonstrated aptitude for client liaison and multi-disciplinary communication
- Self-motivated; must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently with strong organizational and time management skills
- Commitment to excellence with a focus on quality control, quality management and attention to detail
- Proven technical writing skills
- English proficiency in reading and writing
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Valid Ontario Driver's license
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs