Intermediate Environmental Scientist
Intermediate Environmental Scientist
Why join us?
you'll be working to change the world
No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless. We work on global projects that take on today’s most pressing challenges.
From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change – we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
We want you to lead
Our teams are agile, collaborative and driven by possibilities. At every career stage, we have a structure of support and training to help you develop what you need to succeed. Our career programs put you in the driving seat, so you can manage your achievements and build on your strengths and abilities. With so many opportunities across the project lifecycle, your career route with SNC-Lavalin can be as broad and varied as your vision.
SNC-Lavalin Environment has one of the most experienced environmental and geosciences engineering consulting teams in Canada and is currently seeking an Intermediate Environmental Scientist/Geologist/Engineer. This employment opportunity will allow the successful applicant to support our expanding environmental team on a variety of projects related to mining, process/manufacturing industry, ports, rail, and infrastructure. You will be involved in contaminated site project work including investigation, characterization and remediation of sites, waste management, and other environmental studies. The position is based in our Terrace office.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Preparing proposals, developing work plans and budgets and managing projects;
- Planning, coordination, and execution of field programs typically associated with contaminated soil and groundwater investigations and assessment in alignment with regulatory requirements;
- Technical and regulatory support for industrial waste compliance and management, including waste characterization and waste disposal planning;
- Coordination and supervision of remedial excavations;
- Report preparation;
- Provide guidance, training, and direction to junior staff;
- Developing and managing relationships with clients, regulatory agencies, and expanding the SNC-Lavalin network;
- Identifying business opportunities in northwest BC;
- Promoting Health and Safety programs and culture;
- Collaboration with the SNC-Lavalin team across Western Canada
- A degree in environmental science, geology, or engineering along with minimum 5 years relevant experience;
- Registered or the ability to register as a Professional Engineer and/or Professional Geologist in British Columbia; other professional designations will be considered;
- Experience working in a consulting environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language; French language skills are an asset;
- Solid organization and time management abilities;
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude with a drive to succeed;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong knowledge of and experience applying relevant environmental regulations including the Contaminated Sites Regulation, Hazardous Waste Regulation, would be considered and asset;
- Environmental Impact Assessment / Environmental construction management experience work would be considered an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs