Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin’s Environment and Geoscience group offers consulting services in the following areas: Geotechnical, Geoenvironmental, Environmental Risk Assessment, Contaminated Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Studies, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, Waste Management, Hydrogeology and Water Resources.
We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join the team in Saskatchewan (Regina or Saskatoon). Reporting to Senior Geotechnical Engineer the successful candidate will be responsible for geotechnical engineering consulting including preparation of proposals, field work, analysis, design and technical reporting. The role will support a wide variety of projects across our Western Canadian offices and will be an opportunity to gain experience and knowledge working with experienced senior professionals, in the office and in the field.
Your experience shall demonstrate an understanding of geotechnical engineering as well as a commitment to excellent health & safety practices. You shall possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven technical report writing skills, and as well as being organized and detail oriented. Ability to motivate yourself in the absence of day to day direct supervision, setting and prioritizing tasks.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Acting as a design engineer resource for a variety of projects and clients
- Assist in the development and growth of the Saskatchewan team with a focus on mining, energy and infrastructure developments
- Support the development of the Environment & Geoscience business by developing relationships with existing and future client contacts, attending meetings, and supporting Business Development initiatives
- Preparation of proposals
- Provision of practical and economic solutions to clients
- Preparation of technical reports associated with the project scope of work
- Supervising and/or participating in field projects which may include civil QA/QC, drilling and instrumentation installation
What will you contribute?
- University degree or diploma in a related discipline (i.e. geoscience or civil engineering, etc.); a post-graduate degree would be considered an asset
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in a consulting environment
- Willing to work extended and irregular hours within Western Canada when necessary
- Currently registered or eligible to register as a member of APEGS
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet established deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills, a strong client-service focus and the ability to work in a team environment are essential
- Strong business development skills
- Experience using specialized equipment and software (e.g. Lpile, GRL-WEAP, GeoStudio or equivalent) would be considered an asset
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving abstract
Experience in the following areas would be an asset:
- Slope Stability, mitigation design and monitoring
- Terrain Mapping
- Landslide Detection
- Slope Hazard Assessment
- Fluvial Geomorphology
- Flood Hazard Assessment
- Hydrologic Modelling
- River Surveying
- Debris Flows
- Foundation Design
- Retaining wall design
- Infrastructure design
- Site Investigation- drilling
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
Our commitment to excellence extends to our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits including a generous retirement savings program, an Employee Share Ownership Plan, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development, and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com