Intermediate Geotechnical Technician
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Vaughan.
The successful candidate will play a key role in a wide variety of geotechnical, geo- environmental and pavement engineering projects. Services will include site inspection, drilling/coring supervision and technical report preparation, field work on small and large projects as well as working with other professionals in the EDPM team.
The incumbent will help in carrying out engineering design functions such as completion of geotechnical and pavement investigations, and construction inspection services.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Applying engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to implement geo-engineering evaluations, investigations and inspections, including geotechnical and analytical sampling and observation records;
- Conduct field investigations, site investigations and remediations, compliance and preparation of technical logs and reports;
- Supervise geotechnical and geo-environmental drilling, installation of geotechnical instrumentations.
- Material inspection and testing tasks, included but not limited to (Compaction test, concrete testing and rebar evaluation).
- Liaison with office staff assigned and sub-contractors;
- Provide assistance in preparation of cost estimates, quotes, applying for locates and permits.
What will you contribute?
- College or University degree in Geotechnical, Civil Engineering or Geological Engineering;
- Knowledge /experience in geotechnical Instrumentation and Monitoring tasks is an asset;
- Capable to characterize wide ranging soil and bedrock types in the field.
- Registered Certified Engineering Technologist or with PEO/EIT;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in geotechnical site inspection/drilling and material testing;
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skills in English;
- Capable of working independently on geo-investigation sites.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel;
- A reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of working with relevant software such as gINT, CADD, MicroStation, and MS Office is required. Knowledge/experience in geotechnical design softwares is an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com