The location of this position is flexible to be based anywhere across Canada, but the candidate must have a strong background in Federal and British Columbia regulatory frameworks.
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless. We work on global projects that take on today’s most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change – we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
We want you to lead. Our teams are agile, collaborative and driven by possibilities. At every career stage, we have a structure of support and training to help you develop what you need to succeed. Our career programs put you in the driving seat, so you can manage your achievements and build on your strengths and abilities. With so many opportunities across the project lifecycle, your career route with SNC-Lavalin can be as broad and varied as your vision.
SNC-Lavalin Environment has one of the most experienced environmental and geosciences engineering consulting teams in Canada and is currently seeking an Intermediate Hydrogeologist. This employment opportunity will allow the successful applicant to support our expanding hydrogeology team on a variety of projects related to contaminated sites, water resourcing, mining, infrastructure, and environmental assessments.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Supporting senior staff in preparing proposals, developing work plans and budgets and managing projects
- Planning, coordination and support for the execution of field programs, including intrusive investigations.
- Allocation and supervision of junior and technical field staff and technical resources for the completion of projects.
- Reviewing field information from investigations; preparation of reports including the interpretation of geological/hydrogeological conditions.
- Preparation of sound technical recommendations and conclusions.
- Collaboration with other hydrogeologists throughout BC offices and out-of-province offices.
- Ensuring appropriate Quality Management System is applied on team’s projects.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project teams, guiding and coaching others.
- Ensuring proper implementation and continued use of safety and quality assurance programs and corporate policies and procedures, including Ethics and Compliance.
What will you contribute?
- A degree in geology, hydrogeology, geological engineering, or other related discipline along with five to ten relevant experience in hydrogeology. A post-graduate degree in hydrogeology is considered an asset;
- Registered or be eligible to register as a Professional Engineer and/or Professional Geologist;
- Experience in writing successful proposals, work plans and reports;
- Proven organizational, team-building, technical, leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language; French language skills are an asset.
- Must be able and willing to occasionally travel for work away from the home office.
- Good interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude;
- Numerical groundwater modelling skills would be considered an asset; and,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin :
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary & flexible benefits package
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Good Work-Life balance and vacation time off
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs