Intermediate Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Intermediate Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Intermediate Instrumentation and Controls (I & C) Engineer
Why join us?
An Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) engineer is required to work on the design and development of I&C systems on projects involving new designs and/or enhancements to CANDU plants and other nuclear installations.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Perform conceptual and/or detailed design of Candu instrumentation and control systems and modifications, including definition of system functional and performance requirements and control algorithms, definition of control logic and wiring arrangements, control parameters, setpoints, instrument ranges and environmental qualification and seismic qualification;
- Perform specification, sizing, and selection for various types of I&C components, and produce component related documentation including assessment documents, setpoint calculations, error analyses, technical specifications, etc.;
- Update and/or prepare I&C engineering design documents including design requirements, design description, elementary diagrams, functional specifications, etc., together with the supporting analysis/assessment documents and other design basis documents;
- Provide input to the drawing office for the preparation of various I&C related engineering drawings such as general arrangement drawings, instrument loop diagrams, wiring and connection diagrams, bills of materials, etc.;
- Provide or update wiring and technical design and input to computerized wiring programs;
- Interface with various engineering disciplines, suppliers, and other areas of the company;
- Provide responses to technical enquiries from design review teams and client;
- Perform walkdowns, attend site visits and meetings, as required;
- Manage assigned work effectively, including prioritizing, executing, managing schedule and budget, and reporting, to meet project goals;
- Perform engineering work following client Engineering Change Control (ECC) processes, SNC-Lavalin Nuclear QA program and applicable codes, standards, and regulation requirements.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Electrical or relevant field of engineering from a university of recognized standing plus a minimum of 5 years practical experience preferably in design and modification of existing control systems including computer systems, software, and equipment;
- Demonstrate good technical skills and problem-solving capabilities, and be able to seek practical solutions to engineering problems;
- Possesses good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Willingness to become a Nuclear Energy Worker (NEW);
- Previous experience with Bruce Power or OPG engineering change control processes would be an asset;
- Member (or eligible to be member) in good standing of the Professional Engineers of Ontario (P.Eng).
- Familiarity with specific client ECC requirements, if any, such as On-line or INTEC wiring application. Basic working knowledge with Maximo, Asset Suite (PassPort) database systems would be an asset;
- Security Clearances (Candu Energy Inc. and Client) are mandatory.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs