Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Junior to Intermediate level Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineer/EIT
The Manufacturing and Materials Management Department is currently seeking Junior to Intermediate level Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineer to support Manufacturing Operation and to help grow and strengthen the Manufacturing Engineering Team.
Reporting directly to the Production Control Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for Preparing Quotations/Proposals, QA documents, applicable engineering documents, and provide support to Manufacturing, procurement, assisting Production Control department with ASME Pressure Boundary (Nuclear and Non-nuclear) Machined Components and Welded Fabrications, Coordinating Technical Planning aspects of Manufacturing Processes, Improving Operational Performance & Quality, troubleshooting Manufacturing issues, and reducing Manufacturing Costs. This position requires a candidate that has strong technical ability, excellent communication skills and knowledge in manufacturing.
- Prepare manufacturing, procurement and quality assurance documentation such as Inspection and Test Plans, Manufacturing Route Sheets, Quality Program Selection forms, Procedure/Document Checklist for suppliers, in accordance with Candu Quality Assurance Manual and ASME/CSA Code and Standard requirements.
- Provides technical in application of Code requirements to Tasks leads, Supervisors/Lead Hands, Project Managers, and other personnel, as requested
- Prepare technical scope of work for suppliers/subcontractors in accordance with ASME/CSA Code and Standard requirements.
- Review supplier/subcontractor procedures and documentation for sub-contracted Code related services for compliance with ASME Codes and CSA Standards.
- Prepare Quotations and Work Plans for internal and external customers.
- Determine manufacturing processes for machined & fabricated components (i.e. milling, turning, grinding, heat treatment, welding and special processes for exotic materials, high strength steels, aluminum etc.), and assembly.
- Assist with Project Management, attending/presenting weekly reports at customer project status meetings.
- Lead/Participate in continuous improvement initiatives within the department and the machine shop related to capacity, productivity and efficiency.
- Focus strongly on customer requirements, quality and health and safety (conventional, radiation and, environmental)
- Other duties as assigned
- University Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of work experience as a manufacturing or mechanical engineer.
- Licenced Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the Professional Engineers of Ontario, or soon to obtain P.Eng status.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring multitasking, problem solving, analytical and project management skills. Able to work prioritize and work tight deadlines.
- It would be an asset if the Candidate has working knowledge and practical experience specifically related to Materials, Fabrication, Examination and Testing with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section III, V, VIII, IX and CSA Standards B51, N285.0.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.