Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Why join us?
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
This position is based out of our office in Mississauga office and reports to Manager Mechanical & Process.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide design solutions for System, Structure and Component modifications;
- Prepare and /or review design documents for both nuclear and conventional systems of Nuclear Power Plant e.g. Design Calculation, Assessments, Technical Specifications, Drawings, BOMs and System Code Classification;
- Prepare and/or review of Engineering Quotation Request and Tender Technical Evaluations;
- Prepare and/or review Engineering Change packages following client Change Control (ECC) process;
- Perform walkdowns, attend site visits and meetings as required;
- Ensure applicable code, standards and regulatory requirements and met;
- Provide support for the preparation of Engineering proposals;
- Ensure adherence to company quality program;
- Ensure adherence to project delivery requirements and schedule;
- Support Engineering Management with timely updates on engineering progress;
- Interface with internal and external stake holders as required.
What will you contribute?
- Degree in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering from an accredited University and a Registered Professional Engineer in Province of Ontario and a member in good standing;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Mechanical Design, preferably in providing design solutions for CANDU Nuclear Station Systems, Structures and Components in an EPC environment;
- Experience in preparing design documents such as Calculation, Assessment, Design Drawing and BOM;
- Experience in procurement activities such preparing Technical Specifications, Engineering Quotations Request and Tender Technical Evaluation;
- Experience in preparing Commissioning Specifications is an asset;
- Knowledge of nuclear codes and standards, including CSA N285, ASME Section III Division 1 and ASME B31.1;
- Experience in Pressure Boundary design and System Code Classification requirements is an asset;
- Working knowledge of client ECC work processes and procedures including Asset Suite is an asset;
- Knowledge of analytical tools e.g. PipeStress, ANSYS, AutoPIPE and Mathcad is an asset;
- Client Security Clearance and Orange Badge qualification is an asset;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Results driven individual with strong interpersonal skills;
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com