Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world’s largest engineering and construction companies. Our Engineering Design Project Management Division is responsible for the development and execution of numerous projects including healthcare, light industrial, recreational, commercial and large transportation projects. Our Buildings and Facilities Group in Vancouver is looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Develop and manage mechanical engineering design deliverables for assigned projects.
- Supporting business development activities for the mechanical engineering group in Vancouver.
- Provide technical oversight and management for mechanical design deliverables.
- Develop, monitor and maintain project schedule and budget for mechanical engineering design deliverables.
- Participate in local and corporate sustainability initiatives to positively advance both corporate and industry developments.
- Ensure the quality and consistency, accuracy, and neatness of mechanical engineering and deliverables as part of corporate Quality Assurance/Quality Control program.
- Assist in the development of mechanical engineering pursuit and execution budgets.
- Assist in drafting in AutoCAD on an as needed basis as well as Revit modelling.
- Provide technical guidance and engineering support for construction activities.
What will you contribute?
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Five years of relevant building systems design experience.
- Registration or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with EGBC.
- Ability to practice as an engineer in British Columbia and certify drawings and other design documents.
- Must have experience in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection design for buildings, along with consulting engineering experience in the buildings industry, specifically with municipal, federal, industrial, healthcare, commercial and educational clients.
- Strong client focus and a desire to achieve results including the ability to manage multiple priorities and time lines.
- Working knowledge of all applicable building codes and industry standards.
- Working knowledge of LEED® principles, including energy modeling would be an asset.
- AutoCAD software experience. Exposure to BIM – Revit experience will be a definite asset
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make decisions using sound engineering judgment.
- People oriented with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and clients.
- Effective interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to working in a team environment.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com