Intermediate Telecom Technician
- Pull, splice, terminate and test fiber and copper cables.
- Install, repair and maintain associated infrastructure.
- Installs tests and maintains telecommunications systems.
- Develops and maintains asset log, including asset allocation, programming and updates.
- Develops and implements periodic maintenance procedures.
- Liaises with system owners group to ensure equipment is operating within the license terms and identify potential for expansion.
- Diagnoses equipment malfunctions.
- Performs additional functions incidental to technician activities.
- Minimum four years telecommunications experience.
- Must carry at least 5 of the following:
- FOA CFOD, CFOS/D, CFOS/O or CFOT
- BICSI DCDC, RCDD or ESS
- CNET CNIDP, CNCI (Copper Cabling and Fiber Optic Cabling), CDCM or CNIT
- Comm scope or TE course certificates
- Fluke Versiv Certified Cabling Test Technician Training (CCTT)
- Draka Certified Engineers Program