Intermodal Division Manager - Southeast
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, Georgia Intermodal Group as an Intermodal Division Manager- Southeast.
Under general direction, manages project execution, client relations, and business growth in the Southeastern U.S. for the Rail and Transit Market Sector within the Intermodal business unit. Provides leadership, direction and guidance to managers and staff within the South East Division. Responsible for achieving profit and loss, growth, quality delivery, and client satisfaction. The Southeast Division is comprised of the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida.
- Staff Administration: Assists sector, and business unit management in identifying staffing needs based on future workload and manpower projections. As needed, reviews manager recommendations to recruit, hire, transfer or terminate staff and manager recommendations for salary offers for new hire candidates as well as salary and position adjustment actions for staff, and approves/disapproves recommendations and submits for further approval as specified in the Authorization Matrix. Recommends personnel actions for direct reports. Conducts semi-annual performance reviews and annual career planning sessions with direct reports. Provides staff with ongoing performance feedback and counsel to promote improved performance and career development. Helps staff identify and pursue technical and professional development activities consistent with their career development goals and business objectives/needs. Advises staff concerning company policies and procedures; monitors and enforces compliance.
- Project Production and Management: Assists managers in developing project work plans; participates in reviews of schedules, budgets, project milestone dates and work products. Works closely with leadership to ensure project staffing needs are met. Reviews financial performance of projects being produced and/or managed within the area of responsibility; assists managers in proactively identifying potential problem projects to ensure remedial actions are promptly taken to avoid financial losses and client dissatisfaction. Monitors and enforces compliance with established quality control standards, ensuring that appropriate quality assurance activities are being performed throughout the area of responsibility. Reviews project QC plans and periodic QA compliance audits on current or recently completed projects. Assists managers in resolving problems concerning work with other work units.
- Business Development and Client Management: Leads the development of the annual and strategic plans for the South East Division, and implements action items to attain growth goals. Pursues new project opportunities by maintaining contacts with current and prospective clients, and teaming partners; participates in the evaluation of new project opportunities and recommends go/no-go actions. Participates in proposal preparation and interview teams and develops project marketing budgets subject to review and approval by senior management. Identifies and works toward the resolution of client relations problems. Maintains visibility and professional standing by participating in civic and professional organizations, and encourages staff to do the same.
- Contracts and Financial: Conducts contract negotiations with clients and subconsultants. Participates in reviews of project budgets. Monitors project performance to ensure project profitability. Monitors accounts receivable and client billings. Provides input and recommendations concerning final write-offs and past-due accounts receivable.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in field of practice. Post graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved by technical professionals or technical managers with 15 years of experience since B.S., with at least three of these years in positions with project management or operational management responsibilities.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to manage individuals and teams, provide leadership, and manage project production. Highly skilled at promoting the firm and negotiating advantageous contracts. Must have business vision, excellent communication skills, and be able to represent the firm effectively to clients, key public officials, and the community in general.
- Professional Engineering license is required.
- 15 years experience in the Rail and Transit market sector either working as a consultant or client. At least five years’ experience in general or operations management. Other experiences may include engineering, program and or construction management in the Rail and Transit market sector.
- Prospective candidates must have significant Rail and Transit client relationships within the Southeastern U.S. Some of the major clients include MARTA, THE ATL, CATS, HART, Broward County, Miami Dade Transit, SFRTA.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles