Intern Electrical Engineer - Part-Time
Intern Electrical Engineer - Part-Time
Intern Electrical Engineer – Part time
Why join us?
This position is based out of our Toronto office and will be under the direction of the Project Engineer and Project Manager. The role will offer you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with Engineers and Designers from other disciplines involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing electrical power systems.
How will you contribute to the team?
The incumbent will perform the duties of an Intern Electrical Engineer, primarily specializing in the areas of power system analysis, smart grids, electrifications, and energy storage. The candidate is expected to perform regularly upon request substation engineering design studies.
- Under the supervision and direction of a Senior Engineer, the qualified candidate will be responsible for the performance of electrical studies of utility electrical transmission and distribution systems, including:
1. Load flow, short circuit, and dynamic simulations
2. Perform research and development in the area of application of data analytics in the
distribution system, smart grid applications, and net-zero demonstration.
3. Perform Distributed Energy Resource Interconnection Studies
4. Conduct electromagnetic transient simulation studies
5. Perform grounding, lightning, and bus studies to support substation design
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with a wide variety of people to obtain the required information needed for the performance of the studies
- Willing to take on assignments that are often self-initiated and self-directed. Assignments are strategic and have significant long-term implications for the achievement of over-all business objectives.
- Familiarity with CSA, IEEE, CIGRE, IEC, ANSI standards is an asset.
- Work and provide instructions to and review the works of technicians/draftspersons to prepare engineering drawings following client standards.
What will you contribute?
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or higher is preferred
- 0 to 2 years of experience in a related field
- Basic experience with Electrical Power System Analysis using the following software packages – PSS/E, PSCAD and WinIGS,
- Basic experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Must have a strong command of the English language and possess good written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated to perform assigned tasks, and take the initiative to learn new topics
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs