Intern - Water Resources
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Calverton, MD Water Resources Group as an Intern – Water Resources.
Under supervision, performs a variety of routine technical tasks to assist technicians, engineers, planners, architects, surveyors or scientists working in transportation, development, environmental, land surveying or other technical services of the company.
- As a Water Resources Engineering Intern, the applicant will perform a variety of routine technical tasks to assist engineers, specialists, and GIS analysts working in our water resources group with various projects.
- These projects may include, but are not limited to, flood modeling and mapping, storm water planning and design, watershed master plans, and transportation drainage plans.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school plus two years of specialized training such as is obtained in vocational or technical school, or completion of an Associate's degree program in a related technical field, or completion of the first two years in a four-year college or university technical program. No experience is required with a related Associate's degree or its equivalent; two years of related experience is required without such formal training.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and capable of developing technical writing. GIS
- experience preferred.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles