- Under the supervision and guidance of the Manager and Senior Internal Auditor, the Internal Auditor is responsible for reviewing and assessing SNC-Lavalin’s processes, controls and practices through audits of various operations, business & accounting processes.
The Internal Auditor shall perform audits in all locations of the Company to review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, as well as compliance with internal standards and external laws and regulations.
- Understand, apply and contribute to developing the IA methodology at SNC-Lavalin;
- Develop an understanding of key business risks, strategies and operations;
- Assist Senior/Manager in planning for audit engagements;
- Conduct audits of the financial and operational activities of different business units;
- Issue recommendations to senior management to reduce the Company’s business risk and enhance operational efficiency;
- Conducting follow-ups to ensure that proposed recommendations have been implemented;
- Foster an effective team environment; and
- Contribute to the department’s operational excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration;
- CPA designation / CIA or CFE designation is an asset;
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience in internal audit, external audit;
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to work autonomously in a team-driven environment;
- Ability to develop and deliver formal written audit reports to management;
- Effective French and English communication skills (written and spoken);
- Willingness to travel in Canada, to the United States and internationally (up to 25% of the time).
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.