Internet of Things and Automation Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
Join SNC-Lavalin’s Industrial Division and help change the face of manufacturing and infrastructure operations. We are looking for talented and motivated thinkers who want to play a central role in the design, development, and deployment of leading edge advanced industrial control and data management systems. Our growing team in Toronto is in need of an engineer who is willing to execute high profile and technically demanding projects for a range of Fortune 500 clients.
The successful candidate will rely on their technical skill, their passion for making things better, and their creativity to architect technical solutions in the field of Automation, Industry 4.0 and Industrial data systems. The successful candidate must be able to manage projects from start to finish and to take ownership for project deliverables. They will also become tightly integrated with both our process engineers, as well as mechanical and electrical team, and work together to deliver best-in-class solutions, supporting a range of design and build mandates in the industrial sector.
- Support activities relating to demonstrations, Proof of Concept (PoC) for various industrial systems with our vendor’s software solutions
- Assess the customer’s application, troubleshoot and diagnose issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause
- Contribute to automation design reports covering Industry 4.0 systems, OT networks, control networks, and control software and systems architectures
- Utilize programming skills to deliver solutions in Automation (PLC and/or DCS), , SCADA, MES, and Industry 4.0
- Aid in technical documentation such as facility conceptual design documents, User Requirement Specification (URS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and Detailed Design documents
- Perform I&C work such as instrument selection, I/O lists, cable schedules, layouts, etc.
- Execute control panel and equipment FAT and SAT, participate in commissioning and start-up activities
- Develop user and operating manuals for control systems
- Provide training on the developed control systems and procedures for operations and maintenance
- Monitor field installations with remote access and troubleshoot/correct issues
- Develop technical requirements, reference architectures, and specifications for digital manufacturing solutions in order to ensure consistent approach
- Put into operations Industry 4.0/IOT solutions
- Experience working with applications backed by cloud service
- Experience with databases and web development
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering required
- Experience with data connectors such as MQTT, Kafka, OPC-UA, OPC-DA
- Networking, virtualization implementation, database programming, and Microsoft OS configuration, is a plus.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with programming PLC & HMI SCADA systems (such as DeltaV, Rockwell, Siemens, Wonderware and GE Proficy)
- Experience with communication wiring and protocols (Profibus, Fieldbus, Device Net, Ethernet, Serial).
- Experience with communicating and data collection from systems such as sensors, controllers, and industrial systems
- Python/SQL experience a strong asset
- Ability to align and influence critical stakeholders
- Strong supporter of our customer centricity. Understands the importance of demonstrating concern for satisfying customers. Passionate about developing goals to improve our customer experience.
- Retain and convey a positive attitude in challenging circumstances.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.