Investigator, Compliance Investigations
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices in over 50 countries, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide EPC and EPCM services to clients in a variety of industry sectors, including oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. SNC-Lavalin can also combine these services with its financing and operations and maintenance capabilities to provide complete end-to-end project solutions.
As part of its journey towards a world class compliance program SNC-Lavalin is looking for an Investigator - Compliance Investigations to join Compliance Investigations Department. The department of compliance Investigation is responsible for organizing and overseeing the investigation of suspected misconduct incidents and other similar event based issues within SNC-Lavalin.
Reporting to the Manager, Compliance Investigations of the Montreal office, you will join the Compliance Investigations team responsible for conducting investigations into allegations of fraud, corruption, misconducts and various other non-compliance with SNC-Lavalin’s Code of Conduct.
- The role consists primarily of conducting investigations into allegations of conduct which contravene SNC-Lavalin’s Code of Conduct. Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting investigation plans and determining investigation objectives, scope, criteria, methodology to be used as well as resources required to accomplish the assignment;
- Consulting with Manager, Compliance Investigations to develop strategies for case resolution;
- Gathering evidence, performing interviews and performing various analyses;
- Drafting concise, well-structured investigation reports and presenting findings to various stakeholders;
- Keeping appropriate and well documented records of investigative procedures performed, including up-to-date information on the case management system; and
- Ensuring that all elements of the complaint resolution process are aligned with compliance investigation team’s procedures
- Assisting other members of the compliance investigation team in performing various investigative procedures including but not limited to email review, record analysis and interviews;
- Performing or assisting in the performance of fraud risk assessments on a quarterly basis;
- Preparing reports on the status of assigned investigations;
- Liaising with Integrity Officers monthly to brief them on ongoing investigations in their sector or region;
- Performing special reviews at the request of management;
- Performing other related duties.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, law, criminology or any other relevant experience;
- CFE, CFF or other relevant designations an asset.
- Courses in investigation, interviewing and negotiating an asset
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leading investigations of bribery, antitrust, fraud and asset misappropriation. Candidates can therefore have backgrounds in private investigations, forensic accounting, senior analyst from the intelligence or policing community, investigation counsel or an internal auditor specialized in investigative work.
Qualities and Abilities
- Ability to manage complex investigations in an autonomous and effective manner;
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment and interact with culturally diverse individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Accountability for the quality, timeliness and outcome of investigations;
- Ability to manage and prioritize a varied case load effectively and efficiently to achieve positive results;
- Strong communication skills, both for written reports and for oral presentations to internal stakeholders;
- Strong time management skills needed to manage multiple investigations concurrently;
- An investigative mindset and the ability to follow evidence and develop leads;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Bilingualism (French/English);
- Proficiency in Spanish would be considered an asset; andAbility to travel domestically and internationally (30% to 40% of the time) for periods up to two weeks at a time.