IT Project Manager
We are looking to attract IT Project Managers with a consulting background and experience of delivering solutions across busy, customer facing, operational environments. You’ll be joining a growing and supportive team committed to delivering value to our clients and developing our propositions. This role will be predominately based on client site with some time spent with the wider Atkins team at one of our base locations London Victoria, Epsom or Aldershot.
The successful candidate will have been engaged in project delivery roles across the IT development lifecycle, with at least 2 years’ experience of working in the aviation or transportation sectors. Experience of managing all aspects of IT projects including systems development, testing, deployment and change. The roles are suitable for candidates who have a background in using either Agile Project Management, or more traditional waterfall methods. Working from within our P3M Delivery Practice, you will primarily work as a client-facing member of a project team, leading your own work package(s) and project teams.
The successful candidate must be an effective communicator and be self-motivated to engage with a wide range of stakeholders. They must have confidence in their ability to successfully manage the People, Processes and Technology elements of our projects.
Consultants are also expected to contribute to Practice and Business development. This may include being part of a bid team, as well as developing new business propositions for existing clients or researching potential new markets
You will be representing Atkins to our clients, so it is key that our values and ways of working are demonstrated within the role:
- Collaborative – Ability to work cooperatively with others and provide help to colleagues where required
- Communication – High emotional intelligence - listens and questions effectively, concise verbal and written communication skills and effective questioning/listening skills. Able to communicate with confidence at higher and lower levels
- Flexibility to adapt from providing client-side advisory to ‘rolling up your sleeves’ and assisting clients in delivering key projects within their strategic portfolio.
- Customer Focus – Delivers a high level of customer service to our external and internal customers
- Achievement – Looks to exceed client aspirations and works to goals and manages obstacles. The ideal candidate will demonstrate energy, pride and determination in meeting targets and overcoming challenges
- Initiative – Ability to analyse data and situations, bring solutions and break down work into key tasks and activities
- Development – Wants to continually develop new skills and undertake personal training and Continuous Professional Development
- Versatility – Manage client demands whilst contributing to the internal development of the P3M Delivery Practice
- Ethics and integrity – Always uphold Atkins’ high professional standards
- Advocacy – Be an ambassador for our wider business always
- The ideal candidate will have working knowledge and provide evidence of demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Proven track record with at least 2 years’ experience of delivering projects across the IT lifecycle from requirements capture and design through to development, testing and deployment.
- A good understanding of key IT architecture components.
- Desire to work in a consultancy environment with the ability to work ‘with two hats’ - both client side and internally for Atkins
- Basic business analysis capabilities particularly high-level requirements capture and process mapping.
- Project planning, monitoring and reporting, with P6, Microsoft Project or JIRA experience desirable
- Issue and Risk management
- Ability to assess impacts of change to various stakeholders and knowledge of Change Management Processes.
- Ability to track project finances, understand of profit margins and report on commercial elements of the project
- Ability to identify problems and recommend actions to clients, communicating both to key stakeholders and presenting information through reports, dashboards and slides as appropriate
- Commercially astute, able to effectively manage assignments on time, on budget. It is desirable if you have experience of managing 3rd Party Suppliers
- Experience in working in the aviation or transportation sectors and operational environments is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile delivery approaches including DSDM and SCRUM, but also Agile at scale using methodologies such as SaFE is highly desirableAdditional
- Working onsite with one of our clients in the South East, whilst operating from one of our base Offices in either London, Epsom or Aldershot on sporadic days or as the client deems appropriate
- Prepared, if required, to undergo security clearance for working at clients in the UK Public sector
- Should hold a recognize Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, APM, MoR, MSP)
Atkins is committed to developing its people, both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a wide-ranging training portfolio of training and development activities, designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.