IT Senior System Administrator
IT Senior System Administrator
IT Senior System Administrator
Why join us?
We are hiring! The IT Senior System Administrator is an integral part of our Nuclear team. This position is based in our office in Oak Ridge, TN.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Responsible for the deployment, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of assigned IT Infrastructure systems under the supervision of the IT Operations and Infrastructure Architect. IT Infrastructure systems include Windows/Linux systems, VMWare, Office 365, the network, data backup/recovery, information security systems, etc. The infrastructure components include firewalls, routers, switches, virtual hosts, storage devices, servers and workstations.
- Provides Tier 2 service desk support to employees and serves as a technical lead within the Information Technology Department. Works on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Devises solutions in accordance with requirements provided by the IT Architect
- Implements new systems
- Manages the daily administration of systems
- Manages the Microsoft AD environment
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation of systems to include system configurations and Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitors the technology (HW, SW, network) and responds to alerts
- Resolves all outages and performance issues
- Escalates issues with vendors including carriers, manufacturers and service providers
- Work with IT Architect to deploy and administer the Office 365 Hybrid environment
- Work with IT Architect to manage the Virtual environment
- Work with IT Architect and Cyber Security to remediate cyber security issues
- Deploy updates to infrastructure systems
- Provide exceptional customer service in person, via phone and email as appropriate
- Resolve help desk issues including troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology required or equivalent experience in information technology or a related field and two to five years of hands-on experience working in an end-user desktop support role or computer operations environment required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience in may substitute for education on a year for year basis
- A minimum of 5 years of IT support experience at the enterprise level
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Active Directory required
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server required
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in information technology (IT) support
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working within the deployment and operation of enterprise-level hardware, software, apps, or networks required
- Hands-on security, wireless or network management experience required
- A+ Computer certification, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred
- Advanced Microsoft certifications preferred
- Experience with VMware VCenter preferred
- Experience with Virtual Desktop preferred
- Experience with Office 365 management preferred
- Experience with enterprise backup solutions preferred
- The ability to qualify for a Department of Energy Q Level Security Clearance preferred
- Desired Skills:
- Strong coordination, organization, teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to effectively present technical information
- Ability to work effectively in individual or group settings
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server
- Experience with installing, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows server
- Experience with VMware systems
- Experience with administering a Microsoft O365 Hybrid environment
- Experience with Apache and IIS Webserver
- Experience with installing Linux operating systems
- Experience with requirements to meet NIST 800-171 and NIST 800-53 requirements
- Understanding of Storage Area Network implementations
- Understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol networking
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs