IT Support Technician
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Houston, TX IT Support & Analysis Group as an IT Support Technician.
The position is responsible for the resolution of all second line incident and service requests in the region. They will have a good understanding of networked computer technology and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Field complex computer related tier two questions via the service desk system.
- Maintain computer record database.
- Support local employees with computer problems in person.
- Support remote employees with computer problems via remote desktop applications.
- Assist manager with special projects involving computer replacements, office equipment upgrades, and basic server maintenance/backups.
- Support and troubleshoot Windows computers in LAN and WAN networks.
- Rebuild windows computers via SCCM imaging.
- Support and troubleshoot Office 365 products including Outlook, One Drive, Excel, Skype for Business, and Word.
- Troubleshoot application delivery and installation.
- Support the setup of new offices, sites, and projects across the local region.
- Maintain local equipment rooms, conference room facilities, etc.
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working and provide coverage where necessary.
- Provide training and guidance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred or a minimum of 2 years of experience in IT service principles and processes.
- High level of proficiency and knowledge of working in a Corporate IT environment preferred.
- Solid understanding of hardware and software asset management processes.
- Experience of working to (and exceeding) Service Level Agreements.
- Broad technical understanding of technology services being supported.
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong business focus and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of database/excel structures/tables/configurations.
- Proven experience of data analysis and good numeracy, analytical and reporting skills.
- Works across regional offices.
- Experience supporting a technical/engineering computing environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Service Now preferred.
- Strong customer service skills both in person and over the phone.
- Strong written language skills for email and service desk communications.
- Self-motivated, organized, and reliable.
- Desk side support relevant certification from Microsoft preferred.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Qualification preferred.
- Travel will be required to other Atkins offices.
- Applicant must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles