Job Description Electrical EMC Engineer
Electrical EMC Engineer
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision. SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field, and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years.
- Electrical EMC Engineer shall be responsible for the technical content of all of the EMC deliverables and advice prepared by the department.
- Simulate low frequency EMC (electromagnetic compatibility) fields in FLUX software. Modelling higher frequencies with complimentary software.
- Plan and execute field testing of EMC environment.
- Analyse simulation and field testing results, and provide recommendations for mitigation of any issues.
- Assess EMC compatibility of a variety of equipment and environments.
- Write EMC reports.
- Assist EMC Manager with EMC Management tasks.
Technical Skills and Experience
At least two of:
- 2+ years of EMC Measurement experience (laboratory or field), including equipment setup
- 2+ years of EMC Simulation experience, including material properties and EMC sources
- Experience selecting appropriate mitigations for EMC problems
- Electrical or physics background, with knowledge of materials and electromagnetic fields
Desirable Experience and Knowledge
- EMC Codes and Standards compliance, including EN series and Canadian codes
- Low frequency EMC testing experience
- Knowledge of low frequency EMC physics
- EMC management and planning
- 5+ years work experience
- G class drivers license
- High attention to detail
- Strong teamwork skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, client-facing workplace
- B.Eng. Electrical
- Licensed Professional Engineer with PEO
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies. Our Rail & Transit Engineering Unit is responsible for the development and execution of large transportation infrastructure projects valued at several billion. We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles