Jr. Engineering Laboratory Technician - Coop
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Vaughan Office.
SNC Lavalin GEM Ontario Inc. (SNC) is a member of SNC-Lavalin Companies, a major driver of the engineering industry in Canada, and one of the largest engineering and construction groups in the world.
SNC specializes in materials engineering (soil, concrete and asphalt), pavement, geotechnical and geo-environmental engineering as well as pavement engineering. SNC employs 80 professionals, technicians and support staff combined between our Vaughan (GTA) and Kingston locations.
SNC is currently seeking Junior Engineering Laboratory Technicians and Technologists to join the team in the GTA and Kingston offices for fulltime and co-op contract roles.
How will you contribute to the team?
The Junior Engineering Laboratory Technicians will be responsible for supporting aspects of quality control/quality assurance testing process in the laboratory at various infrastructure project. Under the supervision of project managers, supervisors or scheduling coordinators, the Laboratory technician’s main responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Test the quality of construction and construction materials (soils, aggregates, concrete, and asphalt, sealant and membrane).
- Participating in the general daily routine of laboratory practices.
- Preparing asphalt, aggregates, concrete, soil samples for analysis.
- Low Complexity Testing.
- Regular maintenance of laboratory equipment, PPE & good housekeeping practices.
- Clear notetaking & filling out of laboratory worksheets.
- Review MTO documents and OPSS specifications.
- Report any non-conformance concerns while in laboratory to management.
- Participate at laboratory staff meetings.
- Link with client’s projects in the laboratory.
- Maintain equipment and laboratory in good condition.
- Maintain & calibration of equipment used in the laboratory.
What will you contribute?
- Perusing the College diploma in Engineering.
- Interested in teamwork, autonomous, and organized.
- Good physical condition.
- Valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle which may be used to travel to and from site.
- Available to work on different shifts and schedules.
- Available to work weekends on short notice.
- CSA/CCIL Certification for Asphalt or Concrete is an asset (candidates will be given first considerations).
- Attention to detail and problem solving.
- Ability to adapt to changing work conditions and schedules on short notice.
- Ability to listen, learn, & apply as instructed by immediate supervisor.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com