Jr. Nuclear Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking an Jr. Nuclear Engineer to join the nuclear team in Albuquerque, NM.
This position shall provide onsite support to the Sandia National Laboratories (SNL) ES&H Planning Department. The Subcontractor shall complete the following tasks, at the direction of the Sandia Delegated Representative (SDR):
• Interface with customers (Sandia National Laboratories management, ES&H management, ES&H programs, DOE, auditors, and the line) to help them understand the PHS process and identify ways the PHS process can help them better achieve their objectives.
• Provide customer support on the PHS process, use of the PHS software, PHS data requests, and general support questions.
• Perform PHS quality reviews (approximately 1,300 per year for the department). Work with customers to assist them in resolving issues with their PHS and associated ES&H processes.
• Perform periodic field assessments (walkdowns) to assess PHS accuracy, quality, and programmatic effectiveness.
• Perform line assistance visits at the line’s request to help develop or improve PHSs.
• Interface with software programmers to address development, modifications, and problem correction in PHS software. Provide operational review and testing support.
• Support development of new PHS version releases driven by a regulatory or process driver (approximately every one to two years).
o Develop, update, and compile system documentation (question sets, help, software specifications).o Perform software content data entry.o Provide content quality assurance.o Perform software testing and quality assurance.
Deliverables will be dependent on the task assigned and could be any of the following:
• Written reports
• Email responses
• Completed qual cards
• Concurred sign offs in the PHS
• Security Clearance Requirement: L or Q (some exceptions may apply)
• Work will require travel to SNL/NM facilities on KAFB. Occasional travel to SNL/CA or other remote sites may be required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles