Junior Avionics Engineer
The Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Division within Atkins/SNC-Lavalin is at the leading edge of Safety Critical Systems Engineering. We provide independent and unbiased advice in safety engineering to a wide range of markets and clients. This requires a diverse range of professionals with an understanding of safety management in the broadest sense.
We are seeing sustained growth in our work in complex electronic hardware / software assurance and certification and are looking for a number of people to join our team.
This role is for engineers with some experience in avionics design to support our projects in military and civil aerospace.
The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be:
• Supporting the assessment and certification of both military and civil avionics projects
• Providing feedback to clients through written reports and presentations
We are looking for an individual who has a willingness to learn, is self-motivated and enthusiastic, confident, with good inter-personal skills and who can work well in teams. On the job training will be provided.
Within our growing business there will be opportunities for you to develop your career in line with your aspirations through developing your depth and breadth of technical skills and contributing to increasingly complex projects. As part of SNC Lavalin you will have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills and experience we are seeking include:
- Confident communicator with proven inter-personal skills, able to adapt, manage potential ambiguity and deliver effectively in challenging situations
- Knowledge of the assurance and certification processes for avionics systems
- Knowledge of analogue and digital hardware avionics design through some or all of the design lifecycle from concept to in service
- Understands how environmental impacts, EMI and lightning protection can impact design
- Knowledge of some of the following industry standards and processes (ARINC, EASA CS*, DO160, DO254, DO178 and DefStan 970)
- Knowledge of how compliance is demonstrated with the MAA MRP and/or EASA regulations.
Ideally, but not essential, the candidate should have the following:
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- HNC/HND/Degree level in an engineering or appropriate science discipline or practical engineering/science experience
- CEng or willing to work towards CEng.
The role will require periods of working at client’s premises including travel and overnight stays.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles