Junior Avionics Engineer
Our growing team embraces the definitions of Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and belonging in a vibrant workplace. Resilience Engineering helping to make our world safe, secure and sustainable; through Safety Engineering, Asset and Data Analytics whilst solving the Engineering challenges of the future.
The Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Division of Atkins, part of SNC-Lavalin is at the leading edge of delivering Resilience Engineering & Sustainable Critical Systems exploiting Safety Engineering principles.
Our clients are demanding support in a variety of both traditional and pioneering areas, which we provide holistic services, requiring a diverse range of experience with an understanding of Safety Engineering in the broadest sense, whilst increasingly considering Digital Twins, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics to name a few.
We are seeing sustained growth in our work in complex electronic hardware / software assurance and certification and are looking for a number of people to join our team. This role is for engineers with some experience in avionics design to support our projects in military and civil aerospace.
We are looking for an individual who has a willingness to learn, is self-motivated and enthusiastic, confident, with good inter-personal skills and who can work well in teams. On the job training will be provided.
Within our growing business there will be opportunities for you to develop your career in line with your aspirations through developing your depth and breadth of technical skills and contributing to increasingly complex projects. As part of SNC Lavalin you will have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.
The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be:
• Supporting the assessment and certification of both military and civil avionics projects
• Providing feedback to clients through written reports and presentations
- Confident communicator with proven inter-personal skills, able to adapt, manage potential ambiguity and deliver effectively in challenging situations
- Knowledge of the assurance and certification processes for avionics systems
- Knowledge of analogue and digital hardware avionics design through some or all of the design lifecycle from concept to in service
- Understands how environmental impacts, EMI and lightning protection can impact design
- Knowledge of some of the following industry standards and processes (ARINC, EASA CS*, DO160, DO254, DO178 and DefStan 970)
- Knowledge of how compliance is demonstrated with the MAA MRP and/or EASA regulations.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- HNC/HND/Degree level in an engineering or appropriate science discipline or practical engineering/science experience
- CEng or willing to work towards CEng.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
As a proud supporter of the Armed Forces, Atkins’ Employees are supported to participate with one of a number of reserve forces and will receive up to an additional 10 days paid leave to maintain their annual training commitment.