Junior Buyer (Part time, Fixed Term)
Reporting to the Procurement Supervisor, the Junior Buyer will be responsible for sourcing a wide variety of technical and non-technical parts, inventory and services within company policies, procedures and governance.
The successful candidate will be part of the BC Government Employees Union (BCGEU). This position is a 12 month, part time (20 hours), fixed term position.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Source parts, goods and services from various vendors and subcontractors.
- Responsible for maintaining Supply Chain Management Process.
- Maintain suppliers, add parts in Business Systems and prepare documentation.
- Assist with product and service purchases, request quotations, evaluation and recommendation of vendors, award purchase orders.
- Prepare and write up justification of purchase orders (CCAF).
- Generate Purchase Orders in JDE and maintain purchase orders database.
- Analyze, evaluate and resolve supplier performance issues such as promise delivery vs. actual delivery, invoicing discrepancies, damaged goods, under/over shipments and service.
- Assist Accounting department to reconcile invoices discrepancies and generate KPI.
- Administration of non-conforming items such as warranty claims with suppliers; contacting supplier/manufacturer to get Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
- Prepares customs documentation on foreign shipments; Coordinates with broker, vendor, and revenue Canada in information exchange to help resolve problems and expedite delivery.
- Update inventory item master in JDE, review reordering points and issue replenishment PO.
- On a relief basis, performs the duties of the Buyer and Stores person.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and year-end inventory counts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- PMAC/SCMP designation is preferred.
- Preferred Bachelor Degree in Business/Engineering disciplines.
- Proven analytical, organizational and planning skills.
- Exposure to Bill 198 and ISO attestation preferred.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess a positive attitude team player.
- Ability to adapt easily to change management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advance knowledge of ERP system such as JDE or SAP required.
- Must have at 3-5 years of experience in a procurement role with a large company.
- Unrestricted class 5 driver license.
- Forklift operator certificate is preferred.
- Buyer experience is required.
- A combination of education and experience will also be considered.
Hourly Rate of Pay
$33.40 / hour
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com