Junior Cost Controller
We are presently recruiting for a Junior Cost Controller to join the business.
General duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Open and setup a group of projects (both commercial and overhead), monitor, control and report their performance through the whole project life cycle according to the company procedures and general project control practices
- Control project cost accounts, coordinate their opening and closing according to the schedule and project status
- Manage whether a proper progress measurement is in place for all project activities through the whole project cycle
- Support the budget and forecast process through obtaining source data and input to forecast and budget files.
- Propose solutions on matters that could prevent meeting the project objectives and provide recommendations to optimize the overall project cost
- Provide timely and accurate cost report updates at the end of each reporting period for the project control accounts to warrant proper monthly cost report
- Prepare facilities usage reporting, as well as accurate input to Finance for Space allocation charges
- Perform allocation rate calculations and analysis.
- Provide regular reports on project cost status and cost deviations and recommend remedial actions
- Provide regular reports on project time accumulation, analyse time budget variances, recommend remedial actions
- Provide input to client reporting as per contract requirements
- Prepare forward-looking project and business cash flow forecasts
- Coordinate change management process on the project
- Report on the areas of concern that could prevent meeting the project objectives
- Interface with other project controls staff including cost controllers and planners to maintain an integrated cost-schedule project control system
- Interface with planners on the deliverables’ progress to update estimate-to-complete
- Present to team members as required
- Collaborate with Financial Shared Services Centre (FSSC) to initiate, review and issue client invoices
- Special assignments, ad hoc reports and other related duties as required
- Must have Bachelors in Engineering or Bachelors in Commerce; Masters in Business Administration would be considered an asset.
- Must be working towards CPA
- Minimum 2 years of relevant cost control experience, experience in engineering and construction projects environment would be considered an asset
- Ability to establish priorities and work under pressure to meet project deadlines
- Solid report writing, communication and presentation skills
- Effective problem solving skills with a results oriented approach
- Knowledge of project management techniques (i.e., critical path method, progress measurement and earned value technique) and experience in cost monitoring, analyzing and reporting
- Good organizational skills are required with attention to details
- Proficient in MS office suite software, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.