Junior Data Scientist - London
Junior Data Scientist - London
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Junior Data Scientist
Full-time. London based.
Atkins Building Design practice are committed to delivering project solutions in any sphere of the built environment that demonstrably improve the quality of life for those people who live, work and play within them. We do this using positive and pioneering technology and exploiting applied research and innovation, with data being the backbone to everything we develop. In support of this we have a dedicated multi-disciplinary research & innovation team, introducing a range of complementary skills to the more traditional design and engineering professionals. We are currently looking to grow this team in response in the area of data science and analytics. The ideal candidate for this role would be someone who is interested in cities and their infrastructure and is passionate about creating better places for people through the use of new technology and data driven frameworks.
- Work alongside the Head of Design Research to develop practical and applicable solutions to design challenges across a range of sectors.
- Support on a number of data-driven propositions that sit within the research & innovation strategy to support both market and design team drivers.
- Identify new opportunities, both within and outside Atkins, to utilise data science to develop current design methodologies as well as new areas of service.
- Support and help develop the analytical scope and methodology for projects and deliver scalable solutions to the business.
- Explore the use of new datasets within building design and helping develop strategies to unlock existing data
- Work within a small multi-disciplined Research & Innovation team that includes developers, engineers, design researchers and data scientists.
- Explore opportunities to apply research evidence and innovative technology solutions within the context of our design process and methodology.
Skills & Experience:
- A degree level qualification that utilises data science in the field of Urban Studies, Computation Design, Geography, Transport, or similar.
- Experience in the manipulation and analysis of data with a focus on spatial data, using geospatial software, such as ArcGIS, QGIS or similar.
- Experience in programming using a common language such as; Python, SQL, R, or a willingness to learn.
- An understanding of the importance of best practises in data management, ideally with some knowledge of using a database
- Experience of setting up dashboards using software such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, or via a programming language.
- Knowledge of existing web-based mapping platforms such as Mapbox, Kepler, Leaflet, Carto would be beneficial
- Knowledge of existing data sources and spatial analysis methods that could be used to better understand the built environment, and a desire to expand this knowledge.
- The ability to coherently present findings to a wide range of professionals, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team constituting a range of discipline specialists and delivery teams.
- Quick learner providing the ability to adapt to new technologies and methodologies.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to get buy-in from a range of stakeholders, resolve conflicts and prioritise deliverables.
- Demonstrable passion for staying one step ahead of the competition, testing and experimenting with new technologies and methodologies.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs