Junior Design Researcher - London
Junior Design Researcher - London
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Junior Design Researcher - London based.
Atkins Building Design practice are committed to delivering project solutions in any sphere of the built environment that demonstrably improve the quality of life for those people who live, work and play within them. In support of this we have a dedicated multi-disciplinary research & innovation team, introducing a range of complementary skills to the more traditional design and engineering professionals. We are currently looking to grow this team in the area of design research.
In this role you will work alongside our Research & Innovation team to support design teams in applied research activities as well as supporting design research initiatives across a broad range of topics. The ideal candidate for this role would be interested in understanding and exploring the relationship between people and the built environment and is passionate about creating better places for people through the application of evidence based and human-centred design. We’re keen to find a candidate who is naturally inquisitive and shares our passion that good design can positively impact people’s lives.
- Work within our multi-disciplined Research & Innovation team (including design researchers, architects, engineers, data scientists and software developers) to develop practical and applicable solutions to design challenges across a range of sectors.
- Delivery of design research projects, working with the broader Research & Innovation team.
- Support the development of analytical scope and methodology for projects.
- Explore opportunities to apply research evidence and innovative technology solutions within the context of our design process and methodology.
Skills & Experience:
- A degree level qualification in a field of Building Design, Urban Studies, Social Sciences, Environmental Psychology, or similar, with a focus on the relationship between people & places.
- Knowledge of wellbeing, human experience and behaviour within the built environment.
- Understanding of environmental and/or behavioural research methods that could be used to better understand human experience in the context of the built environment.
- Awareness of concepts of ‘Intelligent Buildings’, building sensors and the use of data to understand the impact of buildings on people, or a willingness to learn.
- Experience in some or all the following applied research methods and tools: data analysis & visualisation; desktop research and literature review; developing and running surveys; environmental modelling or simulation; social value methods or similar.
- The ability to visually present findings through compelling graphs, diagrams and other visual means to a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Experience in some or all of the following software would be beneficial: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), PowerBI, Tableau, Qualtrics or other survey platform, SPSS or other data analysis software, Design Builder / IES
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team constituting a range of discipline specialists and delivery teams.
- Being able to deliver on time, responding to client / project deadlines and prioritising deliverables.
- Quick learner with the ability to learn new technologies and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable passion for staying one step ahead of the competition, staying up to date with relevant industry trends, testing and experimenting with new technologies and methodologies.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs