Junior Electrical Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
The successful candidate will report to the Electrical Manager and will be assigned to various projects associated with Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals industry as directed by the Project Management group.
The candidate will possess a good understanding of electrical design principles with problem solving skills and a quick learner with attitude to deliver great work on our projects. The candidate is required to be well organized and a team player with good communication skills. The candidate will be able to contribute effectively in a project team environment.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Assist with the preparation of single line diagrams, data sheets, area classification drawings, motor control schematics, cable and panel schedules under the guidance of a senior professional
- Assist with preparing layouts for substations, equipment (transformers, switch gear and motor control systems), lighting, grounding and heat tracing design under the guidance of a senior professional
- Maintaining electrical load lists using customized excel spreadsheets
- Calculating and preparing bills of materials in accordance with drawings and other specifications
- Coordinating and working with project team members and other disciplines to provide/receive design input data
- Complying with all Company policies and procedures
- Building and maintaining effective and positive working relationships with employees and clients
- Demonstrating behavior that reflects professionalism and respect, and represents SNC Lavalin’s best interests
What will you contribute?
- A degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution
- Registered or eligible for registration as an Engineer-in-Training or Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with APEGA
- One to four years of experience in designing electrical load lists, single line diagrams, data sheets and schematics
- Basic knowledge of domestic and international codes (CEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, API, NEMA, etc.)
- Very good English communication skills
- Demonstrate a high regard for safety policies and procedures
- MS Office skills
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com