Junior Field Inspector
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Houston, TX Utilities and Engineering Group as a Junior Field Inspector.
Under immediate supervision, trains in the various tasks of the field observation function.
Performs basic tasks to assist field reps in the observation process and develops understanding of construction plans.
- Assists field representatives in performing tasks to verify installation location, correct materials, proper documentation and similar activities.
- Completes applicable safety training and practices safe behavior.
- Takes general notes on construction process, keeping diary records.
- Performs minimal plan reading, e.g., station location, offsets, locating features and elevations.
- Assists in all types of record keeping and field measurements, as needed.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) plus two years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related technical field is required.
- Must be able to follow directions, take legible notes, and be physically capable to do manual labor including carrying objects up to 60 lbs.
- Requirements typically include: ability to walk long distances, climb ladders, stoop, squat and crawl down into ditches; ability to observe construction activities and distinguish colors; and ability to perceive back-up alarms and other warnings.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions, subject to insects, flooded terrain and equipment/traffic hazards.
- If position requires driving company vehicle, incumbent must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles