Junior Geotechnical Technician
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
The positions are temporary full-time to approximately November 2020 and based out of our office in Fort St. John. Reporting to a Geotechnical Engineer, the ideal candidate should be willing to perform moderate physical work on a daily basis with some heavy-lifting (to about 30-35 lbs).
Our commitment to excellence extends to our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, a strong emphasis on health and safety, and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Conducting concrete field/laboratory tests and preparing test reports
- Sampling and testing of aggregates and clay
- Density testing of compacted soils in the field
- Maintaining the lab in clean and tidy conditions at all times
- Communicating effectively within a laboratory and field team environment
- Maintaining testing equipment
- Onsite problem solving for material testing
- Adhering to and working safely in accordance with SNC-Lavalin and Site Health and Safety programs
- What will you bring?
- Completion of a high school diploma
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Must be able to pass regular Drug and Alcohol and Medical screening as required for Site Access
- Proven communication skills (ability to communicate with contractors, clients and co-workers)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work in challenging environments
- Student of a Civil, Geological, or Mining Technology / Engineering program from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Graduates of the aforementioned programs may also be considered.
- Work experience that demonstrates the knowledge and experience in earthworks, hydroelectric dam, or major civil construction
- Certification as a Field Technician and/or qualification as a Laboratory Technician in accordance with CCIL (ACI certification would also be acceptable and previous CCIL certification may also be considered)
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com