Junior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Junior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
Why join us?
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
Duties will be carried out under supervision, direction/guidance of senior engineers.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Responsible for the preparation of Instrumentation and Control design deliverables per company and/or client documentation requirements.
- Perform work is in accordance with established codes, standards and specifications using company standard practices and Operating Procedures.
- Prepare data sheets for cables, field instruments and procurement support to purchase I&C hardware, tender evaluation and review vendor documentation.
- Evaluate computer vendor products, consisting of hardware layout designs and technical specifications/data sheets for system hardware components.
- Review the Software /hardware Design documentation, test plans and provide comments where appropriate.
- Verify compliance to Hardware/software qualification requirements.
- Perform field walkdown at client site and prepare the walkdown report.
- Provide regular reporting on work status to supervisor, and adhere to schedule, budget, and project priorities, to meet assigned goals and objectives.
- Participate in company-wide initiatives aimed at overall continuous improvement.
What will you contribute?
1-3 years of practical experience preferably in design and modification of existing control systems including computer systems, software, and equipment.
- Relevant Degree from a University of recognized standing
- Sound knowledge of field instrumentation, controls and distribution systems and associated equipment, such as computers, SCADA architecture, PLC's and user interface workstations, including programming and start-up.
- Knowledge of applicable I&C design standards and codes.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing,
- Member (or eligible to be member) in good standing of the Professional Engineers of Ontario (P.Eng))
- Familiarity with specific client ECC requirements, if any, such as On-line or INTEC wiring application, basic working knowledge with PassPort (or AssetSuite) database systems, an asset.
- Past working experience either in design or in field installation/commissioning of turbines (steam or gas), auxiliary systems, generator, and excitation systems, an asset.
- Past experience in writing test, installation & commissioning requirements/ specifications, an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com