Junior/Intermediate Process Engineer (Open)
Candu Energy Inc. is looking to hire two Junior/Intermediate Process Engineers for full time regular positions. The individuals will work in a team environment performing process-engineering (mechanical/chemical engineering design) services for Nuclear Power Plants within a matrix organization.
- Provide design solutions and assessments for new, updated and modified process systems, structures and components;
- Prepare and /or review design documents for Nuclear Power Plants; e.g., Design Calculation, Assessments, Technical Specifications, Drawings, BOMs and System Code Classification;
- Prepare and/or review Engineering Quotation Request and Tender Technical Evaluations;
- Prepare and/or review Engineering Change packages;
- Perform walkdowns, attend site visits and meetings as required;
- Ensure applicable code, standards and regulatory requirements and met;
- Provide support for the preparation of Engineering proposals;
- Ensure adherence to company quality program;
- Ensure adherence to project delivery requirements and schedule;
- Support Engineering Management with timely updates on engineering progress;
- Interface with internal and external stake holders as required.
- Required qualifications:
- Engineering degree from an accredited University in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering or Engineering Science.
- For an Intermediate Level position:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in process-system design/analysis, preferably providing design solutions for CANDU nuclear power plants; and
- Registered Professional Engineer in a Province of Canada, qualified to seal mechanical and process engineering documents, or eligible to obtain such registration within 2 years.
- For an Junior Level position:
- Eligible to obtain registration as a Registered Professional Engineer in a Province of Canada within 6 years.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willing to travel to and potentially work at Project sites to meet corporate needs (Note: the initial site location is at the Mississauga head office in Ontario).
- Additional, preferred qualifications:
- Knowledge of/experience using nuclear codes and standards, including CSA N285, ASME Section III Division 1, and ASME B31.1.
- Experience performing thermalhydraulic evaluations on complex systems.
- Experience performing design/analysis of hydraulic and electro-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of analytical tools used for mechanical and process design; e.g., ANSYS, Mathcad, Flowmaster.
- Experience working in a nuclear facility licensed in Canada.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.