This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Position: Jr Machinist
Department: Manufacturing Services
Location: Mississauga, ON
This position will consist of shift work on an afternoon schedule.
- Efficiently and safely use machines; keep machines and work area clean
- Read drawings and accurately machine parts made of various materials to specified tolerances
- Solve problems independently
- Safely operate overhead cranes and forklifts
- Perform safety-related tasks
- Work is at an apprentice level, training will consist of 8000 hrs and be run by
- The Ministry of skilled trades On.
- Work according to Candu’s procedures and quality program
- Work may include occasional field assignments and work in a radiation environment at a client site
- Work in a safe manner and follow Candu and jurisdictional safety rules
- Be available to work planned overtime
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent mechanical back ground would be an asset or relevant experience
- Completed a technical program would also be considered
- Some knowledge of general machining and/or CNC machining would also be an asset.
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Able to pass certification requirements for rigging and operation of overhead cranes and operation of forklift trucks
- Must be designated as a Nuclear Energy Worker (NEW) or willing to be designated as a NEW
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/