Junior Mechanical Technicians
Junior Mechanical Technicians
This expression of interest offers you a chance to be a part of our team and work alongside our experts in our Canadian offices as well as at client sites.
Based on our forecast projections, opportunities are expected to be available starting soon; positions are fixed term Technician/Technologist status at new grad/junior level.
At this time, this solicitation is for the following position, which may be changed to meet project requirements.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with company procedures and policies.
- Assist in assembly, repairing and maintaining of nuclear inspection and mockup equipment.
- Participate in mechanical testing programs.
- Prepare route sheets and edit documents.
- Complete prioritized work requests on time.
- Become a nuclear energy worker (NEW).
- Willing to travel to vendor and project sites if required throughout the year.
Qualifications (include, but not limited to):
- Diploma in mechanical engineering technology, certificate of qualification from College of Trades and Apprenticeship or equal technical experience. (due to restrictions in skill category anyone with an engineering degree and/or working towards PEng will not be considered)
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office etc.
- Must have solid manual dexterity skills, working with your hands, using tools, building mechanical assemblies.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills like communication (verbal & written), problem solving, decision making, motivation & responsibility.
- Knowledge of established engineering principles and methods.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs