Junior Mechanical Technologist
Job Description – Junior Mechanical Technologist
SNC Lavalin Nuclear Inc. is looking to hire additional Mechanical Technologists and based on our customers’ needs, these opportunities are expected to be available starting immediately; these positions are regular full time Technician/Technologist status at junior levels.
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with company procedures and policies.
- Assist in troubleshoot, maintaining, repairing and assembly of nuclear inspection equipment.
- Assist in testing programs.
- Prepare route sheets and edit documents.
- Complete prioritized work requests on time.
- Become a nuclear energy worker (NEW).
- Be willing to travel to vendor and project sites.
Strong interpersonal skills, efficient and effective communication (written and oral) and organization skills are essential. Must be “Team” Oriented with a demonstrated ability to work well with others and promote a positive work environment.
Qualifications (include, but not limited to):
- Diploma of Collegial studies in mechanical technology or relevant technical experience.
- Working experience between 1 and 3 years in mechanical design / testing / manufacturing sector
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Microsoft Word / Excel
- Familiarity with the Design & Development section of ISO 9001 standards
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate manual skills and dexterity
- Knowledge of established engineering design principles and methods.
- Have a basic working knowledge of shop practices.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.