Atkins is looking to recruit a Junior Planner to support our collaborative project teams working across multiple frameworks including Nuclear sites and where specified directly within our client’s support offices. We are looking for an individual to join our project teams working at delivering a diverse and exciting workload. As part of this, you will be trained to deliver planning activities/functions for our Client’s and form part of a team approach to project delivery. We are looking to train a sharp minded individual to be able following the training to undertake the following planning roles:
- Providing/implementing high quality planning and scheduling standards and expertise to Project Managers and Project Team.
- Liaise with customers to review and align project plans to their schedules.
- Produce detailed logic linked project plans in P6 around project WBS.
- Ensure integration of project control procedures into the project delivery process.
- Provide expert advice including daily, weekly or monthly schedule updates.
- Production of monthly planning reports, resource updates projections and Earned Value analysis.
- Production of ad-hoc reports informing the Project Manager of significant schedule impacts and their effect on progress and completion.
- Prepare information and attend regular planning and progress meetings.
- Proactive and determined in delivering commitments.
- Attention to detail and delivers quality work on time.
- Keen to develop and update the professional qualifications, learn and apply new skills, takes personal initiative in seeking advice and learning opportunities.
- Team player open to the interests of others.
To join us you’ll need/have:
- A recognised diploma or be qualified by experience, for example a formal apprentice scheme.
- A flexible approach to be office or site based according to the needs of the business and client.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good IT skills for example MS Office.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the project Lifecycle.
The right person:
To perform well in this role you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- A confident and professional manner, coupled with excellent communication skills, with clients and colleagues alike, to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence.
- An analytical thinker, you’ll also be able to show initiative and examples of creativity.
- Self-motivated and able to work well on your own initiative.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across the wider teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
This is an exciting time for us – we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our services in the Nuclear and Power New Build sector in the UK. As part of a larger SNC Lavalin global business, there will be opportunities to develop your skills and experience in the UK working across all our clients and also for international travel.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active program of in-house and well as external training for all of our engineers.
Rewards and Benefits:
Please refer to our Rewards and Benefits page for details on our full benefits package.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs