Junior Project Accountant (New Graduate)
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Data gathering from key partners (Project Controls, Procurement, Project Management, Billing, Payables, Management)
- Performing accrual entries from amounts provided by Project Controls, Procurement, Project Management and Finance
- Performing revenue recognition entries, under IFRS15.
- Ensuring balance sheet represents project Financial position
- Cash flow reporting
- Letters of credit and other guarantees are in place and meet contractual obligations
- Accounts Receivable and Work in Progress amounts are up to date and follow up on any overdue or outstanding amounts.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of Line of Business reporting
- Preparation of Financial Project Status Report (PSR Fin)and all appendices
- Coordination with Project Controls to ensure PSR Fin is adequately prepared on a timely basis.
- Preparation of Reconciliations for PSR to project management systems
- Project Changes/Reforecasts are calculated accurately, and accounting adjustments properly reflected in Oracle system.
- Ensure Oracle/Adaptive are up to date for Budget and Forecasts and are reconciled.
- Ensure Royalty payments reconcile with the specific contracts
- Ensuring month end entries/reporting meets deadlines set out by business unit and corporate.
- Ensure adherence to SNC-Lavalin SOPs including all SNC-Lavalin Finance SOP’s
- Ad-hoc reporting requests
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, administration.
- Experience working in an accounting environment, preferably in a project environment would be considered an asset.
- Intention of working towards an Accounting designation CPA (CGA/CA/CMA)
- Systems- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and Oracle.
- Strong communication skills
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com