Junior Project Coordinator Co-op Student (12 months fixed term)
The joint venture between SNC-Lavalin and Aecon (operating as CanAtom) has been awarded multiple contracts with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to carry out the Darlington Refurbishment scopes of work. The projects involve refurbishment of all four reactors at the Darlington Generating Station, turbine generator refurbishment, and other infrastructure improvement projects throughout the site. The contracts also include a long-term master service agreement for miscellaneous capital and maintenance projects at Darlington and Pickering Generating Stations.
The Junior Project Coordinator is a highly motivated self-starter who will assist in various areas of the Retube and Feeder Refurbishment (RFR) project, depending on business requirements.
- Communicates with RFR engineering team members and engineering manager to maintain the engineering scopes work breakdown structure.
- Communicates changes/updates from the engineering team to other project groups (i.e. scheduling, project controls, construction)
- Organizes meetings (internal or client) as required by the engineering team and develops meeting minutes. Reports on Action Items from engineering meetings for input to the Action Items register.
- Coordinates requests for information to vendors/client as identified by the engineering team
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering Degree Program (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil/Structural)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills in communicating with a large team
- Organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task/ Service orientated
- Thrive on a fast paced-environment
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.