Junior Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Junior Project Manager
If you are building a career as a professional project manager and demonstrate leadership abilities, we are waiting for you to join our team.
Our team specializes in taking on the most challenging engineering projects in the Nuclear sector, covering the full life cycle from new build through to deconstruction. The project management opportunities we have are varied in size and responsibility levels from consultancy services, to complex multi-disciplinary design, and support to related procurement and commissioning activities.
You’ll have exceptional stakeholder communication and people management skills, and thrive on working within a dynamic and diverse project delivery environment.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in delivering commercially and technically complex projects and programmes as part of a dynamic and outward looking business, then we’d love you to apply for this role.
Working across our Nuclear and Power business sectors in Bristol or Epsom, you will lead the delivery of Atkins technical design and engineering projects and programmes or work directly for our key clients embedded into their major programmes.
You must be able to appreciate complex practical, technical and commercial issues and to work constructively with a broad range of stakeholders; leading project teams that are either local to you or distributed across multiple sites.
The opportunities we have are varied in size and nature and suit a range of project management styles and backgrounds. We are particularly keen to speak to individuals who are building a career as a professional project manager or who are delivery focused industrial experienced project engineers, to help us shape the future of our business on more complex opportunities.
Other aspects of the role will include supporting the growth of our capabilities through building a reputation for excellence, mentoring others, supporting business development and bidding activities.
You’ll have excellent communication, listening, stakeholder management and influencing skills. You’ll be able to manage client relationships, engage constructively with multiple stakeholders and lead delivery teams. Through your work you will also help support and shape the development of future business.
You’ll enjoy turning your hand to new challenges and will be keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse multi-disciplinary teams. You must also be able to successfully manage the commercial and quality performance of projects and proactively deploy a range of techniques to control delivery, cost, manage risk and change.
In addition to having excellent people and problem-solving skills, you’ll also be able to demonstrate the following:
Direct and demonstrable experience of successfully managing one or more of the following types of projects to agreed time, cost and quality requirements:
- Consultancy services supplying engineering advice, or
- Engineering design, or
- Manufacturing and commissioning projects.
- Degree qualified in a related Engineering or Project Management discipline.
- Experience of leading and directing teams and resources. Able to motivate self and teams, deal with conflict and create a strong delivery culture.
- A strong element of client relationship management and people leadership. Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and abroad occasionally, as necessary.
- Willing to work flexibly with occasional out of hours work to accommodate project & client requirements.
Highly desirable but not essential is:
- Nuclear industry experience. Applications from candidates from other engineering and manufacturing industries such as Oil and Gas, Defence, Aerospace and Automotive or other highly regulated Health & Safety environments would be welcomed.
- Delivering work under different types of engineering and construction contracts, (including NEC3, FEED and the negotiation of target, fixed price and time & materials engagements) is desirable.
- Ability to speak French or Chinese is preferred.
Reward & Benefits:
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.