Junior to Intermediate Radiation Physicists
Junior to Intermediate Radiation Physicists
Junior To Intermediate Radiation Physicists
Why join us?
Radiation physicists with background knowledge of radiation hazards, radiation protection principles and practices are required to participate in engineering design/analysis of shielding and radiation protection of power plants and nuclear facilities. This is an opportunity for those wishing to participate in SNC-Lavalin nuclear business and it will provide valuable career development opportunities in support of new build and service operating CANDU’s plants.
The successful candidates will join a group of radiation/health physicists in the functional branch of Radiation Physics and RadWaste. The branch has a distinct responsibility in SNC-Lavalin nuclear business for shielding design, radiation protection, radiological waste management programs of nuclear reactors and facilities. The group also performs tasks associated with criticality safety, nuclear waste characterization, accident consequence assessment and nuclear facility decommissioning, etc.
The individuals will perform technical analyses of radiation physics and waste management problems from various clients, using up-to-date radiation physics codes, such as SCALE, MCNP and ADDAM etc. The positions require individual who is a self-starter, willing to take technical challenge, and capable of applying engineering knowledge and principles for the designated tasks.
How will you contribute to the team?
In order to perform technical analyses successfully, the individual is expected:
- To have a general understanding and application of nuclear regulatory documents, nuclear codes and standards;
- To adhere to company business process and QA procedures;
- To prepare analysis plan, document and archive the analysis results;
- To collaborate with team members and interact with other disciplines;
- To proactively monitor the work performance, identify potential risks/gaps of scopes of work performed; and
- To be mindful of schedule and budget, etc.
What will you contribute?
- Honours Degree (advanced degree is preferred) in Engineering Physics, Nuclear Engineering or Health Physics;
- Solid fundamental knowledge of engineering principles and practices;
- Eligible to obtain license for nuclear software that falls under the US Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810 and Demonstrated proficiency in using state-of-the art radiation physics codes, such as MCNP and SCALE.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment; and
- Effective oral and written communication skills, etc.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs