Labour Relations Manager (1-year contract)
Labour Relations Manager (1-year contract)
Why join us?
Our Nuclear Division is currently looking for a Labour Relations Manager. The position will be responsible for providing labour relations advice and counsel to management and the Human Reources team, while leading and executing labour strategies. This is both an operational and strategic role that will ensure the execution and prioritization of strategies on all aspects of union-management relations, contract disputes, mediates labour disputes and grievances between unions and management.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Lead, build and manage the employer-union relationship, through effective facilitation and a consultative approach.
- Keep up to date with workplace legislation, arbitral jurisprudence and other major events/ matters with potential labour relations impacts.
- Provide advice, guidance and direction to Management on the administration, interpretation, and implementation of collective agreements.
- Work collaboratively with management, unions and other stakeholders to proactive resolve issues before grievances are filed.
- Work with internal and external legal council throughout the grievance arbitration process.
- Lead and participate in collective bargaining process including the development of a strategy, being a member of the bargaining team and any post-bargaining initiatives.
- Provide detailed reports on labour and union activities on a monthly basis.
- Provide labour relations training when required.
- Supports the company’s performance management process and makes recommendations on labour relations issues.
- Foster and maintain strong internal relationships with key HR and business leaders.
- Participate as a member of client business units’ leadership teams and act as a trusted advisor to business unit leaders. Add value to discussions and business decision-making with a combination of technical expertise in Labour Relations as well as sound business acumen. Balance business and employee needs, providing innovative and creative solutions to meet evolving expectations.
What will you contribute?
- Masters of Industrial Relations, MBA or equivalent education
- A minimum of 7 plus years of leadership in labour relations, including negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, arbitration, grievance resolution.
- Thorough knowledge of Canada Labour Code and other workplace legislations.
- Thorough knowledge of labour law
- Thorough knowledge of principles of interest-based bargaining.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted HR principles and procedures.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take a firm stand where required, to make the tough decisions, and to deliver difficult messages in a direct, respectful, and appropriate manner at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of employes, senior management and external stakeholders.
- Proven managerial skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs