Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Henderson, NV Surveying and Geodesy Group as a Land Surveyor.
Under supervision, performs professional-level office work in land surveying, applying specialized technical knowledge to the solution of land surveying problems and the coordination of related project activities
- Researches or directs the research of legal records to identify previous boundaries.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of survey drawings, plats, maps and reports, including ALTA surveys.
- Produces and/or corrects topographic survey drawings, traverse and level network adjustments.
- Writes legal descriptions.
- Utilizes CAD software to produce or adjust survey drawings, plats and parcel maps.
- Recommends solutions to resolve deed conflicts, field problems and geometric errors and discrepancies.
- Coordinates field work with survey crew and others, as required.
- May occasionally travel to field sites and perform field work, as required by project.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree plus two years related experience OR an associate's degree in a related technical field plus ten years related experience OR high school diploma (or equivalent) plus twelve years related experience is required.
- Strong math and trigonometry computation skills.
- Technical writing, communication skills, and analytical ability.
- Good knowledge of CAD and survey software.
- Basic knowledge of GPS.
- LSIT Required.
- Ability to access and understand legal records and field notes.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer and CAD equipment.
- Ability to interpret legal descriptions and field notes.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings and make recommendations.
- Ability to compose and write clear and concise reports and legal descriptions.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- If position requires driving company vehicle, incumbent must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles