This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
We are Hiring! Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Reno, NV Surveying & Geomatics Group as a Land Surveyor. Under direction, this position provides the expertise of a seasoned surveyor, applying advanced concepts and techniques to unconventional problems. May function as individual contributor or technical specialist. This position will report to the Survey Technical Director.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Plans, directs and supervises various aspects of surveying to include planning field work and overseeing and reviewing office work and related activities.
- Coordinates survey work with both internal disciplines and external consultants and subcontractors.
- Reviews and approves survey computations and drawings for technical accuracy and quality control.
- Prepares and/or reviews proposals, billing reports and legal descriptions.
- May perform on-site observations and reviews on projects of unusual or complicated nature.
- May manage projects.
- Travels to survey sites as required by project.
- Analyzes survey data and establishes boundaries.
- Renders expert opinion to sign and seal, or may sign and seal if authorized by appropriate state license.
- May be required to provide expert testimony in court cases concerning surveying-related matters.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree plus seven years related experience OR an associate's degree in a related technical field plus fifteen years related experience OR high school diploma (or equivalent) plus seventeen years related experience is required.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills.
- May be eligible for project management training.
- Ability to access and understand legal records; ability to review survey drawings and reports.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Ability to analyze survey data and utilize analysis for decision making.
- Ability to speak in public.
- If position requires driving company vehicle, incumbent must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
- RLS/PLS Required in at least one state and willing to obtain Nevada PLS.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs