Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Landscape Architecture Group in Orlando, FL as a Landscape Architect.
Under supervision, applies technical professional proficiency to the solution of landscape architectural problems and the coordination of related project activities.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a number of variables.
- Prepares preliminary scope of service proposals.
- Develops conceptual plans and preliminary designs.
- Researches and writes land development feasibility studies, specifications and reports.
- Selects and recommends procedures.
- Conducts on-site observations to establish jurisdiction limits, evaluate conditions and assure that work in progress complies with plans and specifications.
- Prepares related documents under the direction of a registered landscape architect.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Landscape Architecture. This level may be achieved by Landscape Architects with two years of experience w/Bachelor's degree or one year experience w/Master's degree; typical incumbent has approximately four to five years' experience.
- Technical writing and communications skills desired.
- Basic computer skills, including basic experience using CAD, Land F/X, Adobe Graphic Suites and Revit are required.
No professional registration is required.
Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles